On 4 July 2011, an Agreement on the Establishing of a Regional E-Mobility Cluster named “The Warsaw E-Mobil Cluster” was signed by the following entities:
1. The Warsaw University of Technology
2. The Municipality of the Capital City of Warsaw
3. Fiat Auto Poland S.A.
4. ENEA S.A.
5. Polskie Górnictwo Naftowe i Gazownictwo S.A.(PGNiG SA)
6. Automotive Industry Institute (PIMOT)
7. Motor Transport Institute
8. Automotive Europe Corporation Sp. z o.o.
9. Fabryka Samochodów Osobowych S.A. (FSO)
10. AMZ-Kutno Sp. z o.o.
11. Impact Automotive Technologies Sp. z o.o.
12. Polish Society for Ecological Vehicles (PTPE)
13. SDCM Stowarzyszenie Dystrybutorów Części Motoryzacyjnych(Association of Distributors and Manufacturers of Automotive Parts)
14. MMC Car Poland Sp. z o.o.
15. Vectrix Sp. z o.o.
16. Branżowy Ośrodek Badawczo-Rozwojowy Maszyn Elektrycznych KOMEL(Industrial Research and Development Centre for Electric Machines KOMEL)
17. Institute of Non-Ferrous Metals, Division in Poznań– Central Laboratory of Batteries and Cells
The above partners have expressed their intention to build a platform for cooperation between business entities, local authorities, scientific units, and business-related institutions aimed at:
• Initiation and joint development of programmes, projects, and other actions to implement innovative technologies in the field of environmentally sound and energy-efficient electric and hybrid (electric motors combined with IC engines) vehicle drive systems, inclusive of all the related battery-charging infrastructure, as well as vehicle drive systems based on IC engines powered with biofuels, natural gas, or biogas, inclusive of the infrastructure of the servicing and refuelling of such vehicles;
• Facilitation of the development of high-tech companies through the transfer of innovative technologies from the above fields of activity to business;
• Promotion of business entities, research and development centres, as well as universities, academies, and other higher schools in the market of products related to the above fields of activity.